Creative Writing Teacher, Author and Poet
Who I am
In this policy whenever you see the terms ‘I’, ‘Me’ or ‘My,’ it refers to Maria Frankland (Author, Poet and Creative Writing Teacher) and Facilitator of Creative Writing Courses and Retreats. I have been established as a Creative Writing Teacher since April 2013.
I am also the sole proprietor of 'Autonomy Press,' a small press which hosts my fiction, poetry and how-to books for writing.
What information do I collect about you?
I only collect details that I need through this website and the Autonomy Press website:
- to provide the service you have requested, this will include a sign up to a course or free subscription to news and events
- To keep you informed as a reader of forthcoming publications that may interest you.
The personal information I collect may include:
- Your name including title
- Email address and phone number
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of any transactions you carry out via my website (only PayPal will hold your secure details - I do not access these)
- Your contact preferences
How will I use the information I collect?
I will only use your information for the purpose you provided it for or have given me prior consent for. This may include:
- To process a booking or online purchase
- To hold a telephone consultation with you
- To send information about the writing courses and events that may be of interest to you
- To send you other information you may be interested in, e.g. book publications, free writing resource
How I share your information
I never share your personal information with any third party or external organisations for any purpose. I work with carefully selected service providers who carry out some functions on my behalf. These service providers will act on my instructions and adhere to the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). These include:
- I use a bulk email distributor (MailChimp) for any e-news. Your information is stored securely and is password protected.
- I use PayPal to process online payments. Your information is only ever known to PayPal, not to me.
- I use Facebook for my marketing campaigns. If you have a Facebook account, you may receive my advertisements in your news feed as Facebook offers the facility to merge with my email distributor, Mailchimp.
I ensure that any transfer of data is done securely, in accordance with best practice and in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
I will never sell or pass your personal data to a third party for marketing purposes. I will only use your data to contact you myself if you have given me permission.
How I store your data and keep it secure
I take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is kept secure. I hold personal data in electronic and paper form.
I will keep your information only for as long as I need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have requested. All electronic information is password protected. You can unsubscribe from my mailing list at any time.
This policy was last updated on 9 January 2021.
How to contact me
By email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: Click here to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Through my website: www.mariafrankland.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
Distance Learning Creative Writing Courses
I offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the courses with a year-long duration. For 10 week courses, it is a 14 day money back guarantee.*
If for any reason, you decide you do not wish to continue with the course you have purchased, you must inform me in writing, by e-mail, within exactly 30 days (*or 14 days) of the purchase date.
It will be necessary for me to deduct £10 to cover the Paypal and Administrative fee. Your refunded payment may take up to 14 days to be credited back to your PayPal account. *A £5 paypal fee will be levied in the case of a 10 week course cancellation.
The above applies to distance courses only
Paying for Distance Learning Courses by Instalments
If opting for the instalment arrangement, you will purchase your course through 12 monthly payments. If any of these 12 payments are not made, sessions will be paused until they are brought back up to date. You are covered, as above, by the 30 day money back guarantee.
You will see that a discount of £65 overall is offered for writers choosing to pay in full.
Premium Version of Distance Learning Courses
Again, a discount is available for paying in full. Opting for the premium version entitles you to four telephone consultations to help you stay on track, and four 500 word critiques, or four 30 line critiques in the case of poetry.
The critiques will be invited at sessions 6, 11, 16 and 21
The phone calls will take place at sessions 7, 12, 17 and 22 - they will be arranged at a mutually convenient time for a duration of thirty minutes each.
Retreats and Space to Write Events
A deposit is required to hold a place.
All deposits paid by prospective participants are non-refundable, unless an event is cancelled by the facilitator or the venue.
Balances must be paid 21 days prior to commencement of the event, except by arrangement.
It is the writer's responsibility to notify me, Maria Frankland, of any dietary requirements and other special requests.
I have enhanced DBS clearance, Qualified Teacher Status and Public Liability Insurance. I am a member of the Alliance of Independent Authors and have an MA in Creative Writing.
If any clarification is needed in respect of the above terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Maria Frankland 25th May 2021